ROASTED CARROTS AND ROASTED CORN COVERED IN PISTACHIOS [VIDEO]
For anyone interested in incorporating delicious vegetables with their meals or even on their Christmas table, I have the simplest recipe for roasted carrots and roasted corn covered in pistachios.
If you buy your vegetables organic, then there is no need to peel your carrots as most of its nutrients are stored in the skin.
For the carrots -
For the corn -
4 halved corns
Grated pistachios, 200 grams
1. Wash, peel (if applicable) and half across your carrots.
2. Place them on a tray and sprinkle with olive oil, oregano and dill.
3. Meanwhile, place also the pieces of corn on the same or different tray.
4. Sprinkle the corn only with olive oil.
5. Bake / Roast both for approximately 30 mins to 180 degrees Celsius. Check now and again as every oven is different.
6. When they are ready, place the carrots on a plate and sprinkle some fresh herbs or pomegranate seeds if you like.
7. Fill a dish with olive oil and deep the corns in the dish first and then cover them with the pistachios. They may not stick very well but that is OK. Messy is delicious :).
8. Serve both as sides to your main every day or occasion specific meals.