COCONUT CHOCOLATE CAKE with Almond Flakes and Walnuts
Updated: Apr 9
This is such an amazing coconut chocolate cake and it is so super easy to make. I am 100% sure you will love it.
Servings: 8 pieces - Prep Time: 3 mins - Cooking Time: 30 mins
2 cups of wholegrain plain flour
2/3 cup of cocoa powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1.5 cups of coconut sugar
1 tsp of sea salt
60 grams of roughly crushed walnuts
20 grams of almond flakes (15 grams to go in the dough and 5 grams to sprinkle on top)
2/3 cup of melted coconut oil + more for oiling the cake tin
1 cup of coconut milk
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients until well combined. Just leave aside 5 grams of almond flakes to sprinkle on top of the cake.
3. Oil the cake tin with coconut oil and add the dough in it.
4. Sprinkle the 5 grams of leftover almond flakes on top of the dough.
5. Bake the cake for 30 mins (you can check if it is done by using a wooden toothpick and see if the dough sticks to it or not. If the dough sticks to it, then leave to cook a little bit more, if it does not, then it should be ready).